Wednesday, December 1, 2010

5 Reasons Why Wrath of the Lich King Didn't Suck (That bad)

Cataclysm will be out in just 7 days. The Lich King is dead. The world has shattered and people everywhere are looking to die in a fire. While standing around in New Orgrimmar I got to thinking.. Why don't people ever look at the positive things Wrath has to offer? Good question. Here are my reasons why Wrath wasn't bad. 



5. Paving the Way for Phasing.
 Unless you've been living under a rock the past week then you've been doing the revamped old world quests. Phasing was a new thing with Wrath and it was awesome.  You actually felt like you had an impact on the game world. I don't know about you but I like the idea of having me killing those 20 murlocs matter. 

4. Algalon
 If you've never gotten a chance to even wipe to this boss you are missing out. The over all encounter is challenging, fun and unique. Algalon has some of the best dialogue in the game. I'm a titan lore fan so he was pretty much a win for me.  You had to defeat a number of bosses on hardmode to access him which was pretty neat as well.


3.  Barber Shop/Duel Spec/Deathknights.
 I'm a girl so the barber shop was pretty much a huge win for me. I change my priest's hairstyle to suite his outfits for Roleplaying and for when he shadow/holy. I've spent far too much in the barbershop. 
3a. Duel Spec was a HUGE thing for wrath. I know being a healer myself I loved not having to shell out 50g every time I wanted to do dailies, pvp or quest. 
3b. Deathknights.... Love them, Hate Them, Kill Them they are here to stay.  I don't exactly like Deathknights but they are our first hero class and they make pretty good tanks. I hope to see more hero classes in the future. 


She should probably look into making her feet smaller too. I mean really have you see how fucking huge female belf feet are?!


 2. The Looking for Group System
 This is one of the best things Blizzard has done since cross server battlegrounds and the item preview window. I've had nightmare experiences with the LFG system and I've had amazing ones.  No matter how you look at it there is no denying that its a grand thing. This was a pretty fun way to level alt before The Shattering. Sadly however they just nerfed the over all experience gains from using the LFG from levels 1-60 which is a good and bad thing. 




1. Hardmodes/Ulduar
 I kept these two together because they go hand in hand. Ulduar hardmodes were by far the best. I loved the fact you had to trigger something or kill a boss in a different way to do them. I'm not a huge fan of the way they changed hardmodes in ToC and ICC. They weren't fun and were generally uninteresting. 
1a. Ulduar was the best thing Wrath had to offer. It was full of interesting bosses, a crazy old god and loads of titian lore.  The overall look of the instance was excellent as well!

 
 
I just got finished raiding ICC for the last time a few hours ago. Even though I've been staring at those walls for 11 and 1/2 months and I can honestly say that a small part of me will miss it. I hope it becomes a fun place to go back to at say level 90 or higher. Goodbye Wrath of the Lich King. You won't be missed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment